Antivirus in FC3?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:17:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 23:50, Paul wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 22:31 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > idiot proof GUI for setting up LDAP database - all this time, I
> > thought
> > the classic oxymoron was military intelligence   ;-)
> >
> > of course your idea and my ideas for LDAP database are likely to
> > differ
>
> Well they vary from small (a few hundred) to large (hundreds of
> thousands of entries).  I'm thinking of the smaller side of the spectrum
> where you are dealing with a fairly flat structure.  I believe that SELS
> 9 includes a plugin to Yast to do that.

The LDAP database everyone who doesn't already have one wants would have
PosixAccount and SambaAccount schemas set up so you make one entry and
change your password in one place and you can log in to any Linux/Unix
box on the net and also use it as your Windows domain controller with
same login/passwords.  Nice, but less essential would be the addressbook
entries that work with Outlook and other MUA's, and the email delivery
entries that work with sendmail to allow distributed mailboxes.  Isn't
this stuff close enough to a standard that it could work out of the box?
That is, have a checkbox item to make a machine an LDAP server like the
one to make it a client.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com