New to Red Hat

Crisler, Jon JCrisler at corvis.com
Thu Mar 24 06:20:36 UTC 2005

You should be able to download the DVD image and make a bootable CD with any popular burning program, and a DVD burner.  If you dont have a DVD burner, then download the CD images and burn those.

I cannot remember if there is anything public domain that will allow you to resize your partitions on an existing hard disk, but Partition Magic (from Symantec now) is a good program for that...  Or you can just reinstall XP from scratch and partition the drive at that point, reserving space for Linux.

As for books, there are plenty out there...browse through your nearest Barnes and Noble or Borders or similar bookstore, and pick which one you want.  It depends on if you have previous Unix experience or not:  some books are for beginners, some are for experience Win. users, other are for experienced Unix users.