selinux-policy-targeted : Why are there so many updates so frequently?

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 12:24:31 UTC 2005

VJ wrote:

>Hi,
>   Pardon me for asking this simple question. It comes from my lack of
>knowledge about SELinux.
>   Ever since I installed FC3, there have been so many updates to this
>package. Why so?
>
>Regards from
>VJ

Many small fixes.  Basically this package supports about 15 different
software packages.  As these
software packages have gone to common use,  many people have used it
differently causing the code to go down
different paths.  These code paths caused additional access checks to
happen.  We have chosen to release the package
quickly to solve this problem rather than hold it back and have software
not work while we do bigger
releases.  Also this software is in it's infancy.  Finally if you look
at the rate of releases, it has slowed
down greatly.