need a hyper-terminal like GUI based dial up utiity

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:52:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 22:17, Claude Jones wrote:

> Your points are well taken, but it's not me that's the problem. That's
> the point I was trying to make. Is procom the same thing as ProComm? I
> still run ProComm on a Windows box. Great scripting capabilities and
> keyboard emulation. I'll look at minicom. Thanks.

Kermit is probably the most complete dial-up program you will find.
It doesn't have a slick interface like procomm but you can script
anything complicated.

However, why not do everyone a favor and set up network access
(through a terminal server if the box itself doesn't do tcp)?
Then you can do a normal ppp dialup or use any kind of network
access to get there with telnet.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com