multicast route

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:15:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 10:32, Gu, John A. (US SSA) wrote:
> I want to use Fedora as a multicasting router, but I don’t have
> mrouted installed. Is there a simple way to forward the multicasting
> traffic from one subnet to the other by modifying the routing table
> only?
>
> My problem now is the router does not forward the multicast packet
> from eth0 to eth1.

If you want something simple, look at http://www.cschill.de/smcroute/.
It sets up static routes for multicast and doesn't care about
IGMP at all.  For dynamic routing look at
http://unix.freshmeat.net/projects/pimd/ (which only points to
obsolete/unsupported versions as far as I can tell...).

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com