need a hyper-terminal like GUI based dial up utiity

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:27:10 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 11:53, James Wilkinson wrote:
> fredex wrote:
> > However, as I recall the original posting, he OP had said something
> > about VT100 emulation, or similar. C-Kermit does not do terminal emulation,
> > so you can't use it if you must emulate some other terminal. With C-kermit
> > you get the properties of whatever terminal you're actually using, which
> > in this case would probably be 'linux' or 'xterm'.
>
> I understood that xterm and linux were essentially both enhanced vt100s.

The problem here is that there were dozens of variations of things
called vt100s and the enhanced ones are only partly backwards compatible
with the originals, so it may or may not work.  Fortunately everything
I use now is happy with xterms and the gory details have faded from
memory.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com