Firefox update

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:53:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:20:02 -0600, Gustavo Seabra
<gustavo.seabra at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:31:16 -0500, Gene Heskett
> <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 March 2005 10:56, jim lawrence wrote:

> > >And this will keep updates from messing up plugins?
> >
> > Sure, as long as its seperate from a mozilla or firefox install tree,
> > and the stuff just softlinked from there to an entry in those trees,
> > it should be fine.
> >

> So, are you saying that we would still have to keep adjusting things
> by hand after each update? (to remake the symlinks, I mean.)

No, just add your plugins once into /usr/lib/mozilla and you're done.
No more messing with adding links each time a newer version of Firefox
or Mozilla comes out. And keep your fingers crossed that  the
Firefox/Mozilla folks do not change the rules.