acpi not accepting command

E GCP egcp at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 00:47:21 UTC 2005

>For example, if I type in a terminal as root: echo mem > /sys/power/state
>nothing happens. It takes >the command in very quicky and doesn't send any
>error, but it also doesn't do anything either. Just >like if I have pressed
>the RETURN key with no command before it.

Well, it seems that the SMP kernel has a bug that does not let the computer
go to sleep. It is strange since SMP needs ACPI to work.

I installed the plain kernel from FC3, same version as SMP kernel, but the
one without SMP and the computer recognizes the  command echo mem >
/sys/power/state and goes to sleep.

Unfortunately, my processor has hyper-threading so without SMP in the kernel
I loose all those capabilities.  Where do I report this problem with the
SMP-kernel?

Thanks,
egcp