Fedora Core 3 refuses to install

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 01:54:52 UTC 2005

crackhoar wrote:
> I'm pretty new to the whoe Linux thing, so maybe I'm missing
> something
huge here. I currently have a working version of Fedora Core 2
installed, but when I put in the Core 3 installation CD, everything
works fine until I get to the point where theres mouse input. The screen
just goes black for a moment after the X shaped mouse cursor appears and
then a bunch of randomly colored vertical lines appear on the screen and
it hangs there. After this happened the first time, I did the media test
for all four CDs and it came back as a PASS for all four. It seems to me
that I haven't had enough time to input anything wrong into this
installation procedure, so does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

I've seen the large square that moves when the mouse is repositioned. My
problem was related to dual display though.

You are experiencing an xorg-x11 problem in the installer. You might
trying an upgrade/install through running 'Linux text' at the installer
prompt. This will install or upgrade your installation.

Before you attempt the upgrade / install, you might check bugzilla for
bug reports and the possible workarounds used for people with your type
of video card.

The output of '/sbin/lspci' ought to list your videocard tye and you can
start the search there.

If you post the output rom running lspci, someone might have similar
hardware and have a workaround here also.

Good luck with getting past your problem.

Jim

--
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a
warning to others.