FC3 serial mouse

Chevee Dodd cheveedodd at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 04:17:22 UTC 2005

Well, I tried in vein to get my serial mouse to work
for install but was unsuccessful.

I found in the release notes a link to bugzilla which
notes the problem and states that it might be alright,
load in text mode and it may work after install.

It doesn't.

In fact, after install I restart and am brought to a
gui "FirstBoot" menu which sets up my system for me...
(I have to navigate with Tab)... one of the steps is
configuring sound and it plays some tones, then flips
to a dialog box that asks if I heard the tones okay.
After I press yes, focus is not given back to the
underlying "FirstBoot" window and I'm stuck... with no
mouse, I can't get focus back to the window to finish
my "FirstBoot."  I tried a PrtScr, which brought up
the "save" box and I tried to Alt+Tab back to the
"FirstBoot"... no luck.

So I Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to get to a LocalHost login.
Type my name and password and I'm taken to a gui
login... which in turns loads Gnome and I'm stuck in a
gui with no mouse.

Is there ANY way for me to get my mouse up?
I know it's valid... Knoppix has no troubles
recognizing it and I can use some comand line options
to get Slax and BeatrIX to see it as well.

Here's some specs:
1st Mainboard (FIC) VA-503+ Socket 7
AMD k6-2 533mhz
210mb ram