FC installation

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Mar 25 10:12:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 01:33 +0500, azeem ahmad wrote:
> hi list
> i want to install FC3 from a hard disk. i.e. like i have a four cd set and i
> boot my computer from first cd and anaconda starts and the installation
> processes automatically starts and i change the disks and installation gets
> complete. the same way i want all the four cds copied onto a hard disk say
> ide1. and i want to boot my computer from that ide1 in the same way like
> boots with first installation cd rom. and then automatically start anaconds
> to complete the installation. is there any ways

This is possible but you'll need to have the ISO images stored on a
partition of your hard disk that is not changed in any way during the
installation, and that partition must be readable by the installer.

See:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-
install-guide/s1-steps-hd-install.html
and:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-
install-guide/s1-begininstall-hd.html

(note that the documents are for Red Hat Enterprise Linux but Fedora
works the same way)

What OS do you currently have on your system, does your system have any
unpartitioned space, and which bootloader are you using?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>