Change default cursors

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Mar 25 12:56:10 UTC 2005

On 03/25/2005 02:52:58 AM, Ovidiu Lixandru wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm trying to change the default FC3 cursors with Jimmac's.
> I put the new cursors into ~/.icons/default/cursors and I created
> ~/.icons/default/index.theme. So far, so good. The new cursors load,
> but  they show through only a part of the GNOME desktop. But they
> change to the default ones in some apps such as Firefox, Thunderbird
> or jEdit. It's kinda annoying to have a cursor that keeps changing on
> a per-app basis, especially the normal pointer. :(

Firefox and Thunderbird use Mozilla's gui toolkit - there were Fedora
developers (if I recall) who submitted patches to use gtk2+ but they
were turned down by mozilla upstream - Fedora can't include them anyway
and still call the browser Firefox.

With respect to jEdit - that uses Java's gui toolkit, and an
application not distributed by Fedora, so a request for it to use the
gtk2+ toolkit needs to go with whoever your JRE vendor is.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/