Help needed to install blender on AMD 64, libSDL-1.2.so.0 not found error

Trichy pasupathy trichy.pasupathy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:26:05 UTC 2005

After unpacking and running the executable of the current version 2.3
of Blender - a 3D animation software, I get the following errors.
libSDL-1.2.so.0 not found. Subsequently, if I use LDD blender,
libSDL-1.2.so.0 and libGLU.1.2.0 are indicated as not found. I checked
the dir lib64 and found both of them present. I don't have an internet
connection on the linux box. Any ideas/suggestion on how I can fix
this problem?

Thanks.