Anaconda: i/o error during read on /dev/hda

Peter Gloor pgloor at gmx.net
Fri Mar 25 17:02:31 UTC 2005

Jon, thanks for responding. Yes it is old HW, but as I mentioned I'm sure
the problem can be solved. But I don't know how. May be someone out there
knows.

I already tried to upgrade from SuSE 8.0 to SuSE 9.2. That seems to work, so
I will rather stick with SuSE.

I wanted to switch to Fedora, because I recently worked with Fedora Core 3
in a course and found it to be much easier to configure than SuSE, at least
when it comes to non-standard configurations.

Peter