Fedora 3 hanging before Anaconda launches

Jody koya at otenet.gr
Sat Mar 26 09:50:21 UTC 2005

Ok thanks for the advice. It is a DVD that I got from a magazine and it has
a directory with Fedora with many files (1652 in RPMS etc). It hangs right
after the lines

running install
running /sbin/loader

where it seems to get utterly stuck.

I'm not sure how to turn DMA off on this system as there doesn't seem to be
such an option in the BIOS, or maybe I just missed it.

Any other advice?