Redhat.fedora site Not Noobie Friendly!

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:12:15 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 06:41, jim lawrence wrote:

> > > Jim, have you seen http://fedora.redhat.com/download/ ?
>
> Yes, but there is no imstructions for how it is to be done or at least
> telling people that when you go to burn a iso image your software
> should have a option of .iso extension .

I have to agree that this is a problem.  Even people who have used
CD burning software before in Windows or a Mac are used to dragging
files to the burner instead of doing an image write.  And I think
every software package hides the 'make CD from image file' option
in a different obscure place.  On a Mac you probably need Toast
to do it at all.

There should at least be a hint that you do not treat the image
like a file that is copied to a cd in the usual way.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com