mirroring machines

Andrew Lennon alennon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 05:15:09 UTC 2005

John,

Try looking at this from a different perspective.  Think about the
application that you are trying to add redundancy to (I am presuming
you meant HA and not load balancing/clustering by mistake).  Seperate
out your shared requirements from your instance specific details.  I
guess that there is a specific application(s) that you want to make
highly available - a good start would be to get the source and install
these in user configurable directories.  Once you have all the
required folders nailed down you can look at using
http://www.linux-ha.org/ to find out about mirroring your shared data.

Regs,

Andy