Will FC4 test 1 version up when FC4 goes gold?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Mar 27 20:29:47 UTC 2005

Am So, den 27.03.2005 schrieb Ian McKinnon um 22:12:

> I am at the point where I can upgrade my server.  Will test 1 update to 4.0
> when FC4 goes gold, or will I have to update to the 'final' version?

> Ian

Ian,

maybe you are new to mailing lists. But it should be obvious that it
makes no sense at all and even is some kind of misuse, to take a foreign
existing list posting and to hijack it, appending or even top-posting
the own new and very different content to it. Don't do that!
Your mail is now listed as a reply to the list mail "VNC: vncviewer no
route to host on same lan". It has not any relation to it.

An upgrade from any test release is not officially supported. It may
work, it may be problematic. Do you think you are the right user to
fiddle around with a test release? Are you a skilled test pilot and do
not fear to fail? Speaking about a "server" makes me doubt that it
should be test release based.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:24:43 up 10 days, 19:20, load average: 0.65, 0.59, 0.67