Mouse going wild in KVM

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Mar 27 23:11:36 UTC 2005

RL wrote:

>I have XP and Fedora  boxes in a belkin KVM.  It works fine until I
>switch to XP when I'm in Fedora (usually in GNOME) and then come back
>to the Fedora box. Usually my mouse goes wild and I have to kill X.
>What can be done to correct this?

The short answer is get a different KVM. It's a known problem with
Belkins. Alternatively, this:

appending 'psmouse.proto=bare' to the kernel line in /boot/grub/grub.lst
has ALWAYS worked - but it does disable the scroll wheel

there are variations on this suggestion if you hunt around in google.com\linux
on 'kvm belkin mouse problem'

You get tired of not having the scroll wheel after awhile, but it works.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA