ssh on RH Linux 7

Rick Lim ricklim at telus.net
Mon Mar 28 01:37:12 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Sean O Sullivan
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 2:48 PM
To: Analog Kid; For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: ssh on RH Linux 7

Analog Kid wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  I am hoping someone can help me with this eventhough this is not a
>Fedora Linux question. I am running RH Linux 7 on an old computer and
>it has a static IP address. I am unable to SSH to it or SSH from it to
>another computer. Any idea how I can enable the SSH client. Must I
>modify the file /etc/ssh/ssh_config?
>
>Thanks,
>Sid

Hello,

I apologise ... but basics first I suppose
ensure sshd is running
service sshd status (or service sshd start)
ping machines ... ensure that there is connectivity.

There is no need to enable the ssh client ....

If you can paste any further information I'm sure someone will at least
bite ;)

Regards,

Sean