Mouse going wild in KVM

Tim Largy tim.largy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 03:50:25 UTC 2005

> I have XP and Fedora  boxes in a belkin KVM.  It works fine until I
> switch to XP when I'm in Fedora (usually in GNOME) and then come back
> to the Fedora box. Usually my mouse goes wild and I have to kill X.
> What can be done to correct this?

I have the same problem with my Belkin KVM. According to my Belkin
manual there are two solutions: 1) prevent the problem from occuring
in the first place by waiting a few seconds after switching systems
before using the mouse; 2) if it's happened already, unplug the mouse
cable from the Belkin unit and wait a couple of seconds before
plugging it back in--problem solved. Both solutions have worked well
for me.

Tim