OT: Good Scanner for FC3

Doug Coats dcoats at heritagemail.org
Mon Mar 28 15:36:11 UTC 2005

I am in the process of making the plunge to using Fedora Core 3 on my
desktop but my old Visioneer PaperPort 6000 scanner is not recognized by
Xsane.  I am not to torn up about it since it is fairly old and slow.

What can you all suggest for a decent home scanner that works with FC out of
the box.  Preferably something that is common enough to pick up at my local
Best Buy or other hardware retailer.

Since I will be new to scanning with Linux any other advice or wisdom that
you could pass along would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Doug