Mismatch on yum updates for FC2

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:07:02 UTC 2005

I was trying to an yum update on a FC2 machine and ran into he
following problem;
In trying to check the dependencies for mozilla-37-1.7.6-1.2.i3
the yum program reported that it could not be installed without:
desktop-file-utils >= 0.9

Now as far as I can see the current latest version of
desktop-file-utils  in FC2 is 0.4.2.
Version > 0.9 does not show up until FC3.

So what to do:
1. Install the desktop-file-utils.0.9 from the FC3 disk.
2. Don't install the mozilla-37-1.7.6-1.2.i3
3. Find a FC2 version of desktop-file-utils.0.9

Any advice out there?

Removing the straw that broke the camel's back does not necessarily
allow the camel to walk again.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University