getting control of tabbed browsing

Billy Tallis wtallis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:52:59 UTC 2005

> Ben: Wow, those are some serious warnings on his website. I loaded it up
> - so far, so good. I went through the prefs and only changed a couple of
> things. He seems to default to forced single window, just what I wanted.
> Thanks for the tip. I just clicked on a link from an email message in
> Thunderbird and it opened the link in a new tab in the currently open
> window - perfect.

There is a simpler way to do this. Type about:config into the address
bar, and set browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs to true. This
makes the Single window Mode option show up in the advanced section.
This will not give you the fancier features such as scroll wheel tab
switching and things like that.