the mail trail...sendmail

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Mon Mar 28 22:22:07 UTC 2005

> > Also, I'd like to hear what you have to say about the "leave mail on
> > server" option for Pop in evolution, considering what we doing here.
>
> That may be a possibility.
>
> > John Rose
>
> Let us drive it differently: about how much mail are we talking. Is this
> "project" your private home ambition or a professional environment for a
> company? If it is last, you then should consider using a professional
> solution like cyrus-murder. This is exactly for the purpose you are
> talking about. For a home area I think you make you life more easier if
> you simply switch off the Sendmail service and then rsync the mail
> storage locations. This goes quick as rsync is very efficient. The MTA
> downtime should be small. Do all that automatically with a cron driven
> script.
>
> Alexander

kk I got it working but not really correct. I did: rsync -
r /home/rado/.evolution/mail/local/* and then switched servers...yes the
mail from A was now on B but that is just my own personal rado at rivers-
bend.com email. Although, yes, this is just a sort of home, challenge
project I am working on. BUT, at the same time I would like to entertain
the fact that I would like to have a few remote user accts to have
around as well, what would happen to them?? See?

I think that the mail switch has to be done at lower level than the
reader. Has to be done in sendmail itself...trick it or switch it to not
pay any attn. to ESMPT ID stuff.  It must be there huh?

lol fun ain't it? hahahaha

thx
John Rose