the mail trail...sendmail

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Mon Mar 28 23:59:42 UTC 2005

got it working!
like this:
rsync -og /var/spool/mail/rado root at rbmain2:/var/spool/mail/rado
as long as it maintains the permissions/ownership it works fine

oh well, ain't no game produces an adrenalin rush like when you writing
code or doing something like this and get it going!

In evolution I have it checked to save mail on the server

> > > Also, I'd like to hear what you have to say about the "leave mail on
> > > server" option for Pop in evolution, considering what we doing here.
> >
> > That may be a possibility.
> >
> > Let us drive it differently: about how much mail are we talking. Is this
> > "project" your private home ambition or a professional environment for a
> > company? If it is last, you then should consider using a professional
> > solution like cyrus-murder. This is exactly for the purpose you are
> > talking about. For a home area I think you make you life more easier if
> > you simply switch off the Sendmail service and then rsync the mail
> > storage locations. This goes quick as rsync is very efficient. The MTA
> > downtime should be small. Do all that automatically with a cron driven
> > script.
> >
> > Alexander
> >
> kk I got it working but not really correct. I did: rsync -
> r /home/rado/.evolution/mail/local/* and then switched servers...yes the
> mail from A was now on B but that is just my own personal rado at rivers-
> bend.com email. Although, yes, this is just a sort of home, challenge
> project I am working on. BUT, at the same time I would like to entertain
> the fact that I would like to have a few remote user accts to have
> around as well, what would happen to them?? See?

> lol fun ain't it? hahahaha

Thx all,
John Rose