Mpeg 4 and streaming on linux???

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Mar 29 00:27:14 UTC 2005

Hello folks...
I know this may be offtopic , but maybe someone can help me...
I'm going to work on a research on mpeg 4 streaming and I got a bit
stuck on the simplest side: the client....
We've decided to use apple's darwin server and it works great.. but so
far no video app is able to read the stream...
I've tested so far:
mplayer (I think both from livna and dag) , with the live.com libs
helix
totem
videolan client
xine

Most of them work with a simple RTSP server and most of them open the
sample_100kbits.mp4 file that comes with
darwin , but none opens the sample_100kbits.mp4 file when it's streamed ...
Any ideas on any other video apps that I could try ? (or any other hint
on why it isnt working???) It would be great
if we could use an open source app to do the tests , since it would
allow us to add some data collection functions to the app,
but so far it looks like I'll have to use windows + quicktime :(

Thx for any help

--
Pedro Macedo