Badness in get_phy_reg at drivers/ieee1394/ohci1394.c:238

Chris Ruprecht chris at ruprecht.org
Tue Mar 29 03:00:58 UTC 2005

Hello all,

after I boot one of the more recent kernel (not sure when this started
exactly, but it's not happening in kernel 2.6.9-1), I'm getting this
error with a long trace after the machine boots. I'm running FC2 here
which is ok for this machine for now.

I do not currently use any FireWire devices nor am I planning to in the
near future. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Under kernel 770 the machines crashed a few times but that might be
attributed to bad memory, although a 2 hour run of the memtest86+-1.11-2
revealed no errors.

Machine: ASUS mobo, Athlon based with nvidia chipset (sorry, forgot the
exact model)
OS: FC2 with all current updates

--
chris ruprecht - network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre