Yum questions

RL rlurman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 04:20:15 UTC 2005

I am new to Yum and there are a few things I don't quite get.  I
mainly use it to update my machine.  I am using the yum.conf file from
fedorafaq.org.  When I do yum update it does not get all the packages
that need to be updated.  I have to look in that yum.conf and do
--enablerepo=reponame  in order to check other locations for more
updates.  I don't like that.  I wish all updates can be at one
location.  Maybe I am doing something wrong.  And as an example, I
cannot find the latest version of xchat in order to upgrade at any of
the repos.  Opinions?