Qpopper and init.d

Corey Head coreyhead at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 05:42:51 UTC 2005

Hi All!

I installed qpopper (don't like dovecot) for some mail
experimentation.  It works great!  However, I am
unable to get the service to start up properly at
boot.  I have to manually go in to the command line
and type 'service qpopper start' to get it to accept
connections.

I installed and configured the init.d stuff using
instructions from this link:

http://www.tripanel.com/tutorials/qpopper_start_script.html

The service stop|start stuff works great!  It just
won't start up at boot.  The only difference in the
script from the link above is that my popper exec is
in the /usr/local/sbin directory.  Am I missing
something?  (Probably...will one of you all point it
out for me?)

Thanks!
Corey