xcdroast and k3b non-root permissions?

Matthew Rex mrex at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 29 07:50:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 06:41, Markku Kolkka wrote:
> Paul Howarth kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai, 28.
> maaliskuuta 2005 18:58):
> > What should be happening now is that
> > /etc/security/console.perms and the fstab entry for your cd
> > writer should ensure that the ownership of the device is set
> > to the currently-logged-in user, and that's not happening
>
> The problem seems to be that Matthew is logging in remotely by
> ssh, so pam_console doesn't get activated.

If I log in as non-root user I get:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     3 Mar 28 21:25 /dev/cdrom -> hdc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     3 Mar 28 21:25 /dev/cdwriter -> hdc
brw-rw----  1 root disk 22, 0 Mar 28 21:25 /dev/hdc

/etc/fstab has:
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed 0
0

I'm a bit lost with this pamconsole stuff. Do I need a "pam-tty" sort of
equivalent in there as well? I can't find these in the "man mount".

Are the permissions supposed to get set when you log in or only when you
(or a process running under you login) tries to access the device?
Hopefully the latter?

For what it's worth: I used to use xcdroast compiled for non-root use
with RH7.3 via ssh/X11forwarding all the time...

--
Matthew Rex
mrex at iinet.net.au