CDR problems on Red Hat 9

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Mar 29 10:41:38 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 29.03.2005 schrieb Neal Richter um 7:23:

> I bought a new Sony CDRW model #crx320AD
>
> Linux pilsner.xxxxxxx 2.4.20-42.9.legacy #1 Sun Feb 20 13:06:17 EST
> 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>
> nautilus-cd-burner-0.3.2-1
> cdrecord-2.0-11.9.3.legacy
> xcdroast-0.98a13-4
>
> I have attempted to burn an ISO image I created with xcdroast
>
> Here is the output or several tries to burn the image, and below that
> is the output I see from the kernel via dmesg.
>
> Will Fedora or RHEL fix this?

Hard to say. I would give it a try. Running a system with X and a
burning device I guess it is a desktop host. So in any way it is a good
suggestion to switch over to the current Fedora Core 3 release.
FC3 and the 2.6 kernel no longer need the ide-scsi emulation. That has
been a point of failure in past time with kernel 2.4 for some devices.
First you should check cabling and jumpers. Sometimes it is enough to
plug the IDE/ATAPI drive to a different IDE port and to change the
master / slave configuration.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 12:38:01 up 12 days, 9:34, load average: 0.57, 0.50, 0.55