Possible Apache or Squirrelmail bug?

Corey Head coreyhead at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 17:29:40 UTC 2005

Hi All!

I have setup Apache and Squirrelmail (using dovecot
for IMAP).  It all works well, except that I have to
type in a full address in a web browser, i.e.:

www.myserver.com/webmail/index.php

I added to the DocumentIndex line of httpd.conf
'index.php' and the alias in the squirrelmail.conf
file in httpd/conf.d is webmail =
usr/share/squirrelmail.  When I just use
'www.myserver.com/webmail' in a broswer, I get
403--forbidden access.  In my 3 other sites hosted on
this server, the DocumentINdex line seems to take care
of having to actually type up 'index.htm' or 'php' or
whatever.  Is this a bug of Squirrelmail or Apache?
Or am I, yet again, missing something important?

Thanks!
Corey