Possible Apache or Squirrelmail bug?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Mar 29 17:47:26 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 29.03.2005 schrieb Corey Head um 19:29:

> I have setup Apache and Squirrelmail (using dovecot
> for IMAP).  It all works well, except that I have to
> type in a full address in a web browser, i.e.:
>
> www.myserver.com/webmail/index.php
>
> I added to the DocumentIndex line of httpd.conf
> 'index.php' and the alias in the squirrelmail.conf

That is already set in  /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf.

> file in httpd/conf.d is webmail =
> usr/share/squirrelmail.  When I just use
> 'www.myserver.com/webmail' in a broswer, I get
> 403--forbidden access.  In my 3 other sites hosted on
> this server, the DocumentINdex line seems to take care
> of having to actually type up 'index.htm' or 'php' or
> whatever.  Is this a bug of Squirrelmail or Apache?
> Or am I, yet again, missing something important?

> Corey

If you use "http://www.myserver.com/webmail/" in you browser - note the
trailing slash - does it then work properly? You then have a canonify
problem.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:45:55 up 12 days, 16:42, load average: 0.46, 0.43, 0.45