mirroring websites solution? wget problems

Matthew Benjamin msbenjamin at fedex.com
Tue Mar 29 18:39:33 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 29.03.2005 schrieb Matthew Benjamin um 20:12:

> Can anyone recommend a good solution for mirroring websites on FC3. I
> am currently attempting to use wget, however I am having a hard time
> getting past the password protection and multiple directory listings
> within the site.
>
> mB.

No HTML mails please.

wget --help
  That isn't helpful? Why? I see there
--http-user=user
--http-passwd=password
--mirror
and a lot more options. If using FTP access wget understand the common
form of ftp://user:password@ftp.site.tld

Alexander

I guess I need to figure out the authentication scheme. I am attempting
to mirror a website that is housed on IIS, and the response is

... 401 Unauthorized
Unknown Authentication Scheme

legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux
on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:25:13 up 12 days, 17:21, load average: 0.34, 0.56, 0.53