mirroring websites solution? wget problems

Matthew Benjamin msbenjamin at fedex.com
Tue Mar 29 19:39:37 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 29.03.2005 schrieb Matthew Benjamin um 20:39:

> I guess I need to figure out the authentication scheme. I am
> attempting to mirror a website that is housed on IIS, and the response

> is
>
> ... 401 Unauthorized
> Unknown Authentication Scheme

wget would need to know and handle NTLM

http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html

AFAIK it does not know about NTLM yet.

You can check what the IIS server says by running

wget --server-response <target-server>

and you probably will find a line like "WWW-Authenticate: NTLM". Maybe
you should use

http://apserver.sourceforge.net/

which is available through Dag Wieers' repository.

Alexander

One other problem, it is also trying to retrieve/mirror urls that are
not native to my site. The absolute URLs (example: www.redhat.com)

legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux
on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:49:13 up 12 days, 17:45, load average: 0.56, 0.57, 0.51