Can't build NVIDIA drivers

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Mar 29 22:46:18 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 30.03.2005 schrieb RL um 0:28:

> I thought this works but everytime I reboot I have to run the *.run
> file and I also noticed it changes my driver name in xorg.conf to 'nv'
> when it should be 'nvidia'.  I have 'modprobe nvidia' in my
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but like I said I have to recompile the nvidia
> drivers (for 2.6.11.6) everytime I boot up.  Opinions?

You will find the first problem in the list archive some months ago. If
I remember correctly, it is due to the fact that you have a different
driver install in parallel, like from the rpm.livna.org RPM.
The other issue comes from udev and that you may still have to care for
it manually following

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev (bottom)

although I thought the new NVidia driver has now better udev support.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 00:42:49 up 12 days, 21:39, load average: 0.79, 0.67, 0.64