Bluecurve theme disappeared following RH9 to FC3 upgrade

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 00:03:16 UTC 2005

Mike Fleetwood wrote:
> After upgraded directly from RH9 to FC3 the Gnome desktop is very
> spartan and not displaying the Bluecurve theme.  Instead a default
> desktop is displayed with virtually empty panels.  After adding the
> Main Menu it only contains names and no icons.  Lost more ugly
> default theme everywhere, no key binding including Alt-TAB, etc ...
>
> Also running gnome-theme-manager (Main Menu / Preferences / Theme)
> produces an error dialog box containing:
>   The default there schemas could not be found on your system.  This
>   means that you probably don't have meatcity installed, or that your
>   gconf is configured incorrectly.
>
> metacity-theme-viewer reports loading "Atlanta" theme.
>
> Is there someway to get Bluecurve theme and associated settings back?

Does adding a new test user get what you want? If so, you may want to
copy the ~/.gnome* and ~/.gconf* directories somewhere else and re-start
X.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | I must refute the rumour that one of our team members
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | walks on water. Although it's true that Barry Cryer