Top Posting....

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Wed Mar 30 01:51:37 UTC 2005

Corey Head wrote:

><On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:19:46 -0500, Phil Labonte
><plabonte at gmail.com> wrote:
>I still fail to understand how top posting "interferes
>with the flow", if you read the original post why do
>you have to include it in your replies?>
>
>I have to agree...but either way, top or bottom, if
>this is the 'etiquette' of the list, perhaps that
>could be explained to someone when they subscribe--not
>just getting snubbed when you top-post unknowingly.

Top posting has been a separate thread for a while now.  If you have
bothered to look at any of the messages exchanged on the thread you were
aware of the list convention before receiving Alexander's reply.  If you
have bothered to read much of anything on this list you would have
noticed that the predominant method of responding to messages is to
place responses FOLLOWING the text prompting the response.

>This is a rule I'm unfamiliar with--being new to the
>mail-list game.  Don't just snub people about it (yes
>I'm talking to you Alexander Dalloz--see "Possible
>Apache or Squirrelmail Bug?" thread)--let someone know
>and then perhaps they won't do it anymore.

In light of the ongoing thread about top posting, you are going to have
a tough time convincing a lot of other people on this list that you were
totally unaware of the list convention before you responded to
Alexander's second reply to your inconsiderate demands for further
immediate attention.

>And
>yes--you can do it in a nice way Mr. Dalloz!
>(See--I've already learned my lesson here!)
>Corey

Your attack on Alexander is TOTALLY unwarranted and suggests to this
reader that you are one clueless, conceited, immature, inconsiderate,
self-centered, picky beggar.   What makes you think that Alexander
"owed" you a response of any kind to any of your questions?  What makes
you think you are entitled to anything at all from Alexander or from
anyone else on this list????

The gist of your remarks indicates that you have only begun to learn.