VSFTPD and Fedora 3

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 01:53:58 UTC 2005

Justin Zygmont wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Arnaldo Bento wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>

>> I tried to install the ftp server program VSFTPD
>> (vsftpd-2.0.3-1.i386.rpm)
>>
>> but he was not possible for a problem of dependencies.
>>
>> I got the following message:
>>

>> Failed dependencies
>>
>> libcrypt.so.5
>>
>> libssl.so.5

These later versions for the libraries are included in the development
reopsitories. There are a programs in FC3 that will break if you install
the newer version libraries to meet the dep requirements for the newer
vsftpd package.
It sounds like you might have bettr luck waiting for FC4 to make it out.
Mutt and up2date depend on the libraries you mentioned . ( *.so.4
versions for FC3)

]$ ls *.so.4
libcrypto.so.4  libssl.so.4

ls *.so.5
ls: *.so.5: No such file or directory

Jim

--
You should never wear your best trousers when you go out to fight for
freedom and liberty.