Wireless card active, no connection to Internet -RESOLVED (apparently)

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Mar 30 04:28:08 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 8:18 pm, Richard S. Crawford flailed at a keyboard
and produced this:

> However, it simply won't connect.  I've tried everything I can think of,
> including disabling WEP, and nothing seems to get this card talking to the
> Internet.  I can't even ping my default gateway, 192.168.1.1.

Well, I stopped the pcmcia service and removed the card, then put it back in,
thus crashing the system.  When I rebooted, I was shocked to find that my
wireless card is working.

Typical.  As soon as I post about it, the thing starts working.  I swear,
they're like cats sometimes.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)