Top Posting....

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Mar 30 06:04:28 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 15:53, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Phil Labonte wrote:
>> To quote the Wikipedia definition:
>> "Top-posting is considered improper by some OLDER DEFINITIONS of
>> Internet etiquette since it breaks down the flow of the thread:"
>>
>> It's time to embrace change, change is good. Top posting gis here
>> to stay especially because of GMAIL and outlook...
>
>jeezus, can we just start two lists for every fedora-related topic?
>one list will be for clueful people who don't top post, who don't
> post in HTML, who properly trim their posts and who don't have
> 30-line idiotic, company-mandated sigs whose only purpose is to
> justify their corporate lawyers' existence.
>
>the other list will be for the annoying, clueless twits who think
>linux mailing list behaviour should be mandated by what freakin'
>outlook does.
>
>rday

Finally, a solution to the problem that might actually work. ;-)

Unforch, the mail server would have to translate the To: address
according to whether or not the message contained top-posting I'd
think, because we'ed otherwise fail at convincing said twits to use
the right list.

That shouldn't be too hard to code up in a bash script I'd think.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)