bad posting habits, jeremy bernstein and scientific cranks

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Mar 30 14:09:59 UTC 2005

bruce wrote:
> morning... where's the oj... but hey, you're right, and i fully agree with
> you. if you're asking someone for help, then you should play by their rules.
> but you know, this karma thing seems to come around and it appears to have a
> serious bite!!!
>
> over my career/life, more than a few times, i've seen people who were hell
> bent on having others march/act/behave to their way of doing things, get
> completely blown away when they were put in situations were the table was
> turned. but that's life!!!

When the tables are turned, they need to adapt to the new set of
circumstances, to fit in with the prevailing culture. Seems reasonable
to me.

> but on a serious note. i couldn't find away to keep this directly to you/off
> them list.

Well, my email address appears in my postings, so I'd have thought
sending en email to my email address would do the job ;-)

> on a more serious note, thanks for the help yesterday!! now if i could
> figure out how to get my mysql upgraded to the correct version i want to
> run!!!

There have been quite a number of posts on how to upgrade FC3 to MySQL
v4 over the last couple of months. I'd root one out and point you in the
right direction if you weren't such a persistent top-poster...

Paul.