TOP POSTING

Frank Stratton - VE3YY fstratton at rogers.com
Wed Mar 30 14:56:30 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I've decided to withdraw from this list, but before I do I want to have my 2
cents worth.  I received a nasty message from a David CURRY (see below).
This message was inappropriate and uncalled for.  I am new to this list and
if he had taken to time to explain what was required I would have changed
from digest format to individual messages.

Instead this imbecile, ranted on about what a TURD I was.  I don't believe
this man would have said this if he was standing in front of me.  I wonder
how he thinks lowering the esteem of someone to his level accomplishes
anything useful.  Can you imagine having an employee of your company sending
out emails with the kind of statements Mr. David Curry has made?  I'd have
his ass out the door so fast he wouldn't have to worry about being hit from
behind by it.

Since Mr. David Curry seems to think I have offended Alexander Dalloz, and I
wonder if that is the case. If so, I have no qualms about apologizing to
Alexander and will do so gladly since he was very helpful to me.  In cutting
a pasting the parts of the digest format I wanted to acknowledge my thanks.
If this breaks some net etiquette, then I apologize to all users of this
list for my obvious lack of understanding.  I thought that this list was
about passing on solutions to problems; maybe I was wrong.

I think I understand why Alexander wants to have individual messages and
post to the threads.  A simple note when I signed up on this list would have
solved that problem.  I would have changed to individual message format and
made his life easier.

Now back to Mr. David Curry.  Mr. David Curry, I've been in the computer
business since 1963.  Since that time I've worked on just about every piece
of hardware and software going.  I've been around UNIX based systems since
1976 and in that time I've met many fine and upstanding people.  They were
courteous, kind, and helpful.  None of which describes you in any way. I
cannot imagine what kind of brain you have between your ears to write such
an email to someone you do not know except by the contents of a single
email.  If I were your father, I would grab you and wash your mouth out with
soap.

Thank you all for reading this far.

I am sincerely yours,
Frank Stratton