Squirrelmail and Index.php

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Wed Mar 30 16:39:53 UTC 2005

Corey Head wrote:

|Ok, here's my configuration:
|squirrelmail-1.4.4-1.FC3
|httpd-2.0.52-3.1
|
|I've got Squirrelmail and Apache setup and they're
|working great!  The only annoyance is that from any
|browser I should be able to type
|www.myserver.com/webmail and get the login page.  It
|doesn't happen unless I type in
|www.myserver.com/webmail/index.php.  The 'index.php'
|is entered in httpd.conf as a DirectoryIndex.
|Following up on the earlier thread, adding an
|additional '/' at the end of webmail, didn't fix the
|problem.  The alias in the squirrelmail.conf file in
|httpd/conf.d is as follows
|
|Alias /webmail /usr/share/squirrelmail
|
|In that directory is a file called index.php.  I've
|tried changing permissions on the individual file and
|the directory as a whole.  For a while I even had it
|as 777 for the whole directory.  No luck still.  I put
|it back to 755 and tried changing owner/group to
|apache and root and random users, but to no avail.  I
|do have another .php file that works just great for
|phpicalendar.  So...my dillema I believe is with
|squirrelmail.  Any ideas?  Or should I just give up
|and create a virtual host?

(1)  Post your httpd.conf file...  I'm susspecting you have a rewrite
rule that may be causing the problem.

(2)  You are using FC3, which means that Susex (sorry forgot what it
is and how to spell it), may be running.  Check your system logfiles
for any file protection errors.

(3)  Be sure you have the case correct on the filename (NO CAPS)...
Linux is case sensitive even on the web.

Works with FC1...

James