Please help me with turning off unneeded daemons.

barophobia barophobia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:50:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:27:38 +0100, James Wilkinson
<james at westexe.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> barophobia wrote:
> > I'm not fluent enough I think to find "logic holes" so I'll just have
> > to do what I know (turn stuff off, use strong passwords, restrict
> > firewall to minimum requirements, etc.).
>
> Logic holes in what you've written.

Oooohhh... I thought he was talking about within the setup of the
server itself regarding all the programs that are installed. I was
thinking of a situation like "how could the version of sendmail i have
installed be used to gain access to my computer by exploiting
something in snmpd?" or some other such nonsense.

Chris.