top posting, HTML posting and "the closer"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 30 18:56:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Thomas Cameron wrote:

> So I guess there's no room for tolerance of other people's
> preferences?  I mean, really - is it *that* hard to follow a thread
> that is top-posted?  Is it *really* worth getting so worked up over?

argh.  using *exactly* that same logic, i can turn around and ask, is
there no room for people to adjust to fit the standard operating
behaviour of the list?  is it *that* hard to configure your mailer to
do the right thing?  is it *really* worth getting so worked up over
adapting to what is clearly common list etiquette?

don't ask the question unless you can answer it.

rday

p.s.  if you've never heard of the "broken window" syndrome, let me
recommend googling and taking a quick read.