Top posting, html & list rules

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:13:04 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Sorry for starting yet another thread on this subject. I hope noone
will actually bother answering this post :-)

In one of the threads it was suggested that we should have some list
rules. Well, i just wanted to say that we do, somehow, at least a kind
of "release candidate" version.

They are not official, as in "signed by Red Hat" but, in my opinion,
they are as "official" as they can be, since they are a result of
extended discussions on this list, a real work of the whole community.

(Of course, not /everyone/ contributed but, since the discussion was
open in the list, we can safely assume that whoever didn't contribute
just didn't feel like having anything to add.)

We are moving to make it as official as possible. Meanwhile I just
suggest that, should we get e-mails that don't follow *our*
established netiquette rules (and we *do* have them), we can just
kindly remind the person of their mistake, and point them to the web
page.

That being said, just in case anyone doesn't have the link, here it is:

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html

P.S.: As can be noted from my sig, I'm a student. At this point, the
page is being hosted in my university, using a personal space that i,
as a student, have available. However, I'm am finishing my studies
here, and in a couple of months I'll be gone from the university,
which means that I won't have the space to host it anymore. If anyone
that likes this idea is willing to host this in a more permanent
address, please let me know. I have no problem mantaining it, just
don't have the host. Thanks.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680