Setting up this list

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Mar 30 20:10:28 UTC 2005

The elder gods, manifesting through Thomas Cameron, recently decreed:

>> Is there a way or program that I can do/use to get these messages into
>> more of an newsgroup/thread style look? I am curently just using the
>> digest option. Sorry if this is a total newd question but that is what I
>> am. Thanks for the help.
>
> Looks like you are using a web-based e-mail client...  iPlanet?  If I were
> you I would take a look at Thunderbird (Windows and Linux versions) or
> Evolution (Linux only right now).  Both of them do threaded listings.

The first step would be to unsubscribe from the digest mode and
resubscribe with individual postings.

If your webmail interface is SquirrelMail, then you should be able to view
threaded messages.  It's not as pretty as it would be under T-Bird, KMail,
Balse, Pine, or Evolution (wow, we sure have a lot more variety in e-mail
clients the Windows users do!), but I find it adequate to my tastes.  ;-)

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)