Help with Fedora Core 3: Soundcard detection test does not work

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 21:21:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:57:59 -0600, Roberto R. Heredia
<rheredia at tamiu.edu> wrote:
> Hello dear friends,
>
> I am running Fedora Core 3 on an IBM. I was using Mandrake 10.0 and
> everything was working fine. Now, my sound system doesn't work. I know
> the sound card has been recognized because the hardware browsers shows
> that it is installed okay. When I do the soundcard detection test, it
> does not work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advanced.
>
> Roberto
> --
> Roberto R. Heredia, Ph.D
> Associate Professor of Psychology
> Department of Behavioral, Applied Sciences & Criminal Justice
> Texas A&M International University
> 5201 University Boulevard
> Laredo, Texas  78041-1900

Red Hat/Fedora soundcard detection has never been to detect the
soundcards in any of my systems.  Kudzu detects my AWE64 just fine and
I can get sound   So if your card is detected by kudzu trying changing
the volume control setting off the mute (server friendly,
anti-desktop, default value) positions.